Race and I dropped Elizabeth off at the Rapid City airport a little after 5 AM this morning and headed out for Bozeman, Montana. We are now safely ensconced in a Best Western in Bozeman with the TV reporting Severe Thunderstorm warnings and advising against traveling. I'm glad it was raining when we got here because it was my intention to camp out. Right after we got our room we heard a loud sustained roar. It was hail, walnut sized hail. Yikes!
We spent 10 hours on the road today and have an 6 hour drive tomorrow to reach Boise Idaho. Our goal is Klamath Falls on Tuesday evening so we can spend the night with my Mom (Race's Nana). We'll try to stop off and see my dad in Corning, CA as well, but he's probably really busy campaigning to be the next Mayor of Corning.
We did find time for one very awesome adventure. We stopped off at the Little Big Horn Battlefield Memorial. There is a marble headstone everyplace that a soldier's body was found. Most just read:
US Soldier
7th Cavalry
Fell Here
June 25, 1876
I can't even to begin to describe the feeling of looking at the small plot of grass under the Battlefield Memorial where the remains of all the enlisted soldiers who died in the battle are interred together.
Enough for now. I'll try to post another update from Boise. -Dean
No comments:
Post a Comment