Klamath Falls

We've arrived in Klamath Falls. Arrived to an empty house. In fact, I'm using my Moms laptop to write this blog entry. We're on our own until later this evening when my everyone returns from a trip to the hospital in Bend, or Medford (I didn't really pay attention). One of the babies they're watching needed a checkup. Race is relaxing by watching Disney Channel and playing with the toys stashed here for grand kids. We had an uneventful trip through eastern Oregon. The highlight of the day was our lunch stop at the 930 square foot Dinner Bell Cafe in Lakeview, Oregon. We had an excellent lunch of patty melt and chicken tenders (I'll let you guess who had what) and Race was thrilled when the owner told the waitress to, "give that kid an ice cream cone," on our way out. Race really enjoyed his ice cream cone on the drive to Bly. We drove by the old house on Bly Mountain Cutoff and found it abandoned with the windows boarded up. It looked very sad. I was impressed that Race remembered the house and spotted it before I did. Well, I guess we'll relax a while longer and then forage for some dinner.

No comments: