We went to 2 parades. Elizabeth, Race and his school chum Cindy went to the Clayton Parade and I joined them for the Concord parade later in the day. The kids rode on the parade seat in the '65 in Clayton and in the Jr trailer in Concord. Talk about a lot of FUN!
7 comments:
Hi!
I was wondering what size steering wheel you have on the Junior and where did you get it?
Best Regards.
Scott
The steering wheel is a copy of the original Jr steering wheel. They are available from www.jrcentral.com. You can get pedal car steering wheels that adapt nicely to many projects from Blue Diamond Classics at www.speedwaymotors.com.
Thanks Dean,
In your fabrication pics it looked like you had another wheel on the kart. I may have to fabricate something as I havent seen any aftermarket 8" steering wheels. I have the copy of the original but wanted sometning a little more substantial.
Best Regards
Scott
Oh, the black wheel. That's an 8.5" Grant wheel mounted on a quick disconnect. I got the wheel from Summit Racing. It's their part number GRT-829. I liked it a lot, but it was dished a lot deeper than the original JR wheel and I needed the extra clearance for my son to sit on my lap. I might eventually put the Grant wheel back on now that my son is too old to ride on my lap.
Oh by the way I really like the back seat/ park benches, I have a 66' front Bench seat in storage, to put into a car some day, I now know how I am going to utilize it until then!!
Not sure you got my other post but do you have the part number for the quick disconnect for the steering wheel and Also the rims on your Junior look great where di you get them if you dont mind?
Thanks!
Best Regards,
Scott
You can email me directly at dean@cdcofer.com if you'd like.
The rims are 6" Astro's from gokartsupply.com (unfortunately they don't make them in a 5" like the original JR rims). They are made by a company called Azuza if I remember correctly. If you are using them on a JR they won't fit easily. I had to fabricate spacer assemblies to mount the drive pulleys and the body of the car has to be raised about 1.5 inches to clear; which means fabricating and welding on new body mounts to the frame.
The quick disconnect is a standard hexagonal stock car part available from speedwaymotors.com and probably Summit Racing. I had to make a bushing to adapt it to the small steering shaft in the JR
Thanks Dean,
I appreciate the help! I will probably stay with the 5" rims and hub caps.
Have you ever been to the sturgis mustang rally? I am going to try and get there this year, so if you do maybe we can meet each other there.
Best Regards,
Scott
Post a Comment