
I mean Sears Point... Uhh, I mean, Sonoma Raceway... Oh heck, it's that race track at the corner of Highway 29 and 37. Race and I went with my friend Tony and his three kids, Eli, Gabi and Wyatt. We went extra early to take advantage of the pit tour being offered to the first 100 fans. Much to our disappointment, you had to be over 18 to go on the tour. We had a good time anyway. Helio Castro-Neves was there along with... Well, we didn't actually recognize any other drivers. I guess that's indicative of just how low in popularity Indy car racing has fallen. Tony and I agreed that we missed the CART era. IRL is just, well, boring. Regardless, it's always good to spend a day at the track with friends watching beautiful, fast, wicked sounding cars go around the track. We decided we had seen all that we would see about 11 am and headed to Vallejo for a meal of Popeye's chicken tenders, red beans and rice, mashed potatoes and gravy, fries and onion rings. Tony and I are pretty sure that lunch was the highlight of the day for the kids. Here are a few pictures. That's Race and Eli standing in front of the winner's circle.
No comments:
Post a Comment